Real Weddings: Vanessa and James

 


Spring

Vintage Style Wedding Under the Tree

Colors: White, pink, cream, ivory, tan, brown, green

Bride Name: Vanessa 

Groom Name: James 
Wedding Date: May 5 2013
Location: Highlands Manor Apopka Florida
Wedding Style:Vintage

This destination couple had a vintage theme that was carried out during the wedding in the fashion and bouquets. Lots of lace and the color scheme had lots of white, tan, pinks, cremes and ivory. Nature provided a wonderful natural backdrop under the huge ancient oak.

DIY piece– the bouquets were made by the bride and her family. They each centered on an aspect that each woman liked. The brides bouquet and hair had lots of butterflies

From their ceremony:
The couple incorporated a writing that they thought went well with the feeling of their union

…The meaning and depth of marriage is different for each person. However, I think in general, most people are looking for the same basic ideals to shape a long and happy union.
I’d like to share this writing with you by

Dorothy Colgan called Promise of Love:
“I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask of you no more than you can give.
I promise to accept you the way you are. I fell in love with you for the qualities, abilities and outlook on life that you have, and I won’t try to change you into a different image.
I promise to respect you as a person with your own interests, desires, and needs, and to realize that those are sometimes different−but no less important than my own.
I promise to share with you my time, my close attention, and to bring joy, strength and imagination into our relationship.
I promise to keep myself open to you, to let you see through the window of my personal world into my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams.
I promise to grow along with you, to be willing to face change as we both change, in order to keep our relationship alive and exciting.
And finally, I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all I feel inside, in the only way I know how. Completely and forever.”

Here are some of the pictures I took of their wedding day

Getting ready

Getting ready

Vintage lace wedding dress and bridesmaid dress

the beautiful bride

The bouquets

the handmade brooch wedding bouquets

 

the flower girl

 

the brides sister was her Maid of Honor

The Location

 the ceremony site

 

IMG_0061st

the happy bride and groom with the rest of the bridal party

IMG_0018a

helping the groom with his boutonniere

IMG_0019st IMG_0049(2)st IMG_0060st IMG_0036st IMG_0031st2 IMG_0055st IMG_0042stIMG_0085stIMG_0098st IMG_0103st IMG_0092(2)st

a walk after the ceremony

Some key elements in having a vintage inspired wedding is the attention to detail and limiting your color palette to  colors that work well with the theme. The bride used light airy fabrics of lace and sheer material which went well with the Florida climate. The groom’s earth-tone clothing perfectly complimented the outdoor wedding and vintage theme.



Color Inspiration: Ivory, Pink         Accent Colors: Green, Brown Tan and White

VintageIvoryPnkTan


__________________________________________________________

follow me on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | IG | GOOGLE   for wedding inspiration and subscribe to my YouTube channel

Popular posts from this blog

Weekdays Weddings while on Vacation

Hurricane season has begun

Summertime weddings, part 1