Real Intimate Wedding: Kyle and Stacey

 


Before I deploy to Germany…

Millennials, Battle buddies, Married.

Kyle and Stacey say I DO in a super intimate wedding in Oviedo. Learning he was soon to be deployed or stationed in Germany, Kyle expressed how important it was to get married before he left. I want to be able to bring my wife with me over to Germany. Bride Stacey was a higher ranking officer when she was in the military but currently is out of service due to injury. So they had the perfect window to get married.

On a daytime talk show recently one of the hosts stated that millennials aren’t getting married. Um…so… what is happening here? Millennials-check, getting married – double check!

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
The happy couple just before the ceremony

I DO Weddings by Sheri performs weddings of all sizes from private to low key and casual to luxurious. However, I DO Weddings by Sheri specializes in intimate and destination weddings for ALL couples (including LGBTQIA+ and mixed orientation couples). I feel especially accomplished when I can make a small wedding (like the one below) feel romantic, fun and monumental + add a few nice pictures to tide them over with the lovey dovey feels until the big formal wedding.

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
Military couple Kyle and Stacey tie the knot before he is stationed in Germany the next day

Kyle and Stacey wanted to tie the knot before he shipped out to Germany on Monday so we had to get to work right away. When he called me on Friday, I was at the emergency room because I had hurt my back the previous Saturday and there was no end in sight for the pain. Since it was going to be very small and they didn’t want to do anything grand because they were planning a bigger formal wedding when they finish this tour of duty, I was happy to share their I DO’s.

This couple was so awesome and wrote their own vows , which they read from their cellphones, which is usually a big no no, but due to time constraints I didn’t force the issue, I was just happy and surprised they were able to write such beautiful vows to one another in basically the span of 1 day. Most couples take months and sometimes I am still trying to get them right up until the day before the ceremony.

Choosing to do a small intimate wedding with mostly just Kyle’s family in attendance (Stacey’s family is all out of state and this was a true last minute decision to get married right away) gave them the freedom to be themselves, embrace their military background and have a bit of fun with the photos. Like the push-up kiss.

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
bride Stacey bragged that she could out-do her groom Kyle in push ups

and this pose…whatever this is

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
She also decided the wedding colors.Nice choice for understated #wedding-casual

I make the small wedding as special as possible through words and ceremonies used to create unique and personal wedding ceremonies. Why you ask?

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
not so ‘private’ smooches

1. Because I love what I do and I like to do what I love with passion.

2. Because 75% of couples never do the big wedding day or if it happens, its so far off from when they thought it would be. Life happens, so it could be 10, 20 or 40 years later. They are technically already married and most can always find something else to use the money for … like buying a house or starting a family.

3. I am from the old school of thought… if you are going to do something, do it to the best of your ability. Give more than what is expected.

4. Love is an important part of the human experience.

I take something that can easily be boring, done to death, and mundane (YAWN) and give it a fresh feel, make it emotional, romantic, fun and most importantly memorable.

Maybe the groom will look fondly at the pictures from this day, think back on the beautiful words of love they exchanged, keeping his wife close in his heart and mind, though they are oceans apart

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
Making my couples laugh and embracing fun makes this special moment even better

Hopefully they will have an awesome chuckle as they reminisce about the little gazebo and the suspect liquid and a swiffer…. There are pictures-that’s all I am saying

Mission accomplished soldiers. You got hitched by I DO Weddings by Sheri

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
couple exchange vows and rings

And now for your next mission should you choose to accept it….stay in love, stay caring and stay happily married.

I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com
bride bites at the rose that constantly tried to make out with her during the photos

Thank you for reading. Kyle and Stacey-May your marriage be strong, successful, loving and full of laughter and light! HOOAH!

From the groom-
Thank you so much for being part of this monumental moment of our lives! We couldn’t thank you enough for making this moment special.

10 year anniversary logo
I DO Weddings by Sheri
idowedbysheri.com

See what couples are saying about I DO Weddings by Sheri – TESTIMONIALS


 

Please do not alter, copy or make memes of any pictures in this post. All pictures in this post were taken by Sheri Thomson (except ones of me performing the ceremony and all intellectual property and copyrights remain with her. Pictures may be added to your Pinterest boards for inspiration only.

__________________________________________________________

follow me on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | IG | GOOGLE   for wedding inspiration and subscribe to my YouTube channel


Popular posts from this blog

Weekdays Weddings while on Vacation

Summertime weddings, part 1

Best Event Sitters in Orlando= Unforgettable Orlando Weddings