Real Wedding: Cordelia and Curtis

 



Caribbean Peacock Inspired Wedding

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REAL WEDDINGS

A formal Peacock Inspired wedding at Holiday Inn and Suites Universal. The groom traveled in for the ceremony filled with family and friends.


IMG_0487stBride Cordelia Kelly
Groom  Curtis Victor
Wedding Date   June 7, 2014
Wedding Colors   Purple & Turquoise
Wedding Theme and/or Style   Peacock

 

The Ceremony

Cordelia and Curtis chose a lovely Christian Ceremony which included a Unity Candle Ceremony. The groom shed a few tears as he saw his soon to be wife enter the room. They exchanged emotional vows as their guests looked on. Friends and Family helped with capturing their big day and family members pitched in to make many of the personal touches seen throughout the wedding.

one of the guests took a few pictures of the ceremony for me.

IMG_0069 IMG_0073 IMG_0099

Enjoy the pictures I captured of their day.

IMG_0484a IMG_0027st

 

The Fashion

The bride wore a one strap ruched gown. The bridesmaids wore beautiful long purple halter gowns. The groom wore a long white coat suit and the groomsmen wore varying shades of grey suits.

IMG_0351ast

 

Where did you get your Bridal Attire? David’s Bridal. Tux? (Store in Louisville KY)  Bridal party fashion? David’s Bridal

IMG_0347abst IMG_0363ast

Did you have any extra details added or taken away? Added Purple overlays & sashes in addition to the decorations offered by the venue, I added a lot of the decorations, (handmade by Paulette Newton & myself) to bring to life my theme & to make my colors pop.

Makeup: Paulette Newton (Matron of honor)

IMG_0359ast

Shoes? Payless

The Maid of Honor added additional bling to the front of her shoes. This turned out to be a nice DIY project.

IMG_0437st

Jewelry?  Camille La Vie

Rings: Leroy’s Jewelers

IMG_0320st

Bride’s Accessories: Attached peacock feathers to my Birdcage headpiece to get the look I wanted

Invitations:  Hobby Lobby, self printed

Bouquets and Flowers: Who designed, initially I was going to make a calla lily bouquet that was made of white & purple, but when I heard the price, I switched to roses with purple flowers. My matron of honor, Paulette Newton & sister in law, Hazel Lewis designed & put the bouquet together, they also did my bouquet. The bridesmaids had “fans” for their “bouquet”. These too were handmade.

IMG_0432st

Bridal Party Colors Purple, Grooms men wore different shades of grey

Bridesmaid Dresses. Where purchased? Sears online

Wedding Planner or Coordinator Paulette Newton, Hazel Lewis & myself

 

Venue Location.  Ceremony and Reception- please explain why you chose this location  Holiday Inn @ Universal is where the ceremony & reception were held. I chose this location because I started off as not really having a choice, after I looked into several venues, but after I met Shequera Anabel, it was a definite YES to the spot.

Who designed the ceremony and reception space? The venue added the vases, candles & some flowers but I added purple & turquoise flowers & peacock feathers with gems. I also used purple overlay & sashes

IMG_0536st

Catering: the venue

The Cake was a lovely 3 tier confection adorned with peacock feathers by Sweet Dreams Desserts (Lisa Cake Lady Stevens)

IMG_0414st

Musicians, DJs, Performers: Family members

Provide the names of anyone special you want included in your story: children, relatives or parents: Paulette and my children were an important part of my wedding day planning and execution

childrenCollage

Any Advice for future brides planning a wedding in Florida at the venue you used? Holiday Inn @ Universal was the perfect venue for me, it was near my home, and the workers there are the SWEETEST people. I was very lucky; I guess all the other “doors” closed because Holiday Inn @ Universal was meant to be my spot  

IMG_0376a1 IMG_0456a IMG_0480a IMG_0497a

What was your go-to resource for wedding planning and inspiration? website, chat group. Google was my best friend, no specific website.

Any vendors that you would like to comment on. Sweet Dreams Desserts (Lisa Cake Lady Stevens, absolutely delicious cake. I had a 3 tier cake made up of butter rum, chocolate & white chocolate raspberry

How was the process for obtaining the marriage license? Process was very simple.

Testimonial for I DO Weddings by Sheri I was referred to Sheri by my niece & sister in law & it was the best match. Sheri is very personable, up front & to the point. I would definitely recommend her to perform for your special day. My wedding was planned in less than 2 months, so finding a venue & planning was stress-ful but the end results were beautiful & well worth it.

Thank you Cordelia, It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day and I hope you have a long, happy and loving marriage. It was great you were referred by Hazel and Paulette and see them again after performing her mom’s wedding  years ago.


__________________________________________________________

follow me on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | IG | GOOGLE   for wedding inspiration and subscribe to my YouTube channel

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane season has begun

Weekdays Weddings while on Vacation

Summertime weddings, part 1